Re: Suggestion: User-contributed use-cases on orgmode.org ?

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Suggestion: User-contributed use-cases on orgmode.org ?
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 09:31:53 +0000

David Masterson <dsmasterson@gmail.com> writes:

>> FYI, WORG is listed in "Repositories" right at https://sr.ht/~bzg/org/
>
> I see no mention of "~bzg/org" in worg-about.
> ... I think my lack of
> experience for many years is showing -- I didn't think to click on the
> ~bzg/worg link which would've told me about ~bzg/org.  I assumed the
> link was just telling me what to put on 'git clone'.  Perhaps that
> should be explained a little more in worg-about.

I guess that you are confused about

    It is made of numerous .org files that you can clone from
https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/worg.

Would it help if we change it to

    It is made of numerous .org files from https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/worg.

?

>> Or we might consider https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/woof to automatically update
>> WORG pages for appropriately marked mailing list threads.
>
> Hmm. That sounds most interesting becuase it command line driven.
> Perhaps a new mailing list should be created for this?

I don't think so. We intentionally keep Org mailing list as a single
place for all the discussions, not just Org development.
AFAIU, Bastien is firmly into this policy (CCing him in case if I
misunderstood).

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,