Re: Suggestion: User-contributed use-cases on orgmode.org ?

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: Suggestion: User-contributed use-cases on orgmode.org ?
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 18:14:43 -0800

Russell Adams <RLAdams@adamsinfoserv.com> writes:

> On Mon, Nov 13, 2023 at 09:09:54PM -0800, David Masterson wrote:
>> Just a suggestion (or maybe this is already handled?).
>>
>> Was thinking I'd like to see an archive of tagged use-cases for Org that
>> could be searched via tags or regexp.  The use-cases should include a
>> description of the problem, a general description of the answer, blocks
>> of elisp (general code) to setup the answer, and how to use the code to
>> do the work of the use-case.  In fact, it could be recommended that the
>> use-cases be written in literate programming style (the first use-case
>> would have to provide the recommended example).  As such, if written
>> properly in Org, it could (after a once over by maintainers) be exported
>> to HTML for inclusion on orgmode.org.
>
> Have you looked at Worg?

Yes. and that's a beginning.  I'm just wondering if something could be
made to encourage simple use-cases to be uploaded by anyone to provide a
deeper cookbook.  Perhaps I'm thinking of a wiki where people could add
their own use cases and comment on other people's use cases,  The wiki
would provide structure and search tools for new Org users.

--
David Masterson