Re: naming: Re: Experimental public branch for inline special blocks

From: Suhail Singh
Subject: Re: naming: Re: Experimental public branch for inline special blocks
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2024 10:16:36 -0500

> In my mind, "fragment" implies no nesting.

FWIW, in the mind of this Org mode user as well.

> But the point of the "inline special blocks" is to allow nesting as
> needed.

Yes, exactly!  As "inline code blocks" are to "code blocks" so too are
"inline special blocks" to "special blocks".

I generally try and abstain from bike-shedding, but as a data point, the
intent of "inline special blocks" was quite clear to me based on the
name alone.  This was, in no small part, due to the similarity with
"inline code blocks" (cf. "code blocks") as well as "special blocks".

I hope the name of this "syntactic object", when incorporated into Org
mode, doesn't change.  But if it were to, I do hope the names of other
similar syntactic terms are similarly updated.

--
Suhail