Re: inline-special-block: export rules

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: inline-special-block: export rules
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 23:56:01 +0700

On 21/03/2024 17:26, Juan Manuel Macías wrote:
Max Nikulin writes:

I am afraid that :export will cause confusion with :exports for source
code blocks. Its name differs by just "s" but possible values have
nothing common.

I agree. At the moment two alternative names come to mind: :backends or
:export-rules

I find :export-rules too abstract. Unless a better name is proposed, I prefer :backends.

:export [or whatever new name we give it] ==> normal behavior, overwrites the
values
:export+ ==> adds the new values to the values defined in the alias

Vim for options allowing list of values has several options
:set opt=value1,value2 " assign new value
:set opt+=value " add to list
:set opt-=value " remove from list if it is there
:set opt& " reset to default value
I am unsure whether all variants should be implemented.

This syntax could also be extended to other cases. Perhaps we want
attributes like :prelatex, :postlatex, or :html to support accumulating
values.

Certainly :export (:backends) is not the only property that should accumulate values.