Re: Reproducible work with natively compiled Emacs

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Reproducible work with natively compiled Emacs
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 17:08:44 +0000

Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti@gmail.com> writes:

> I have added the eln version to the patch...
>
> Best, /PA
> PS: Just as an example, I recompiled master today and the version number
> for eln changed, so the 'old' files from yesterday were not removed ;-)

Yeah. Not ideal.
The whole system with emacs -Q putting things into .emacs.d is not ideal.

Sometimes, when running things like make test we do not even want to
litter .emacs.d - .eln files generated during make test might correspond
to the broken versions of Org mode that were being tested. Then, running
actual working Emacs session might stumble upon these incorrect versions
of .eln files.

Do I understand correctly that the reason you implemented cleaneln make
target is working around issues with make test/make repro?

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,