Re: `:export' attribute?: Re: Experimental public branch for inline spec

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: `:export' attribute?: Re: Experimental public branch for inline special blocks
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 00:21:21 +0700

On 15/03/2024 20:10, Juan Manuel Macías wrote:
Max Nikulin writes:

1. "-" is a valid backend name and valid last character of backend name

I had not thought of it. Can + also be a valid character?

https://orgmode.org/worg/org-syntax.html#Affiliated_Keywords
BACKEND
A string consisting of alphanumeric characters, hyphens, or underscores (-_).

2. From the description it is not clear to me what is effect of "rest"
specified for more than one backend.

'rest' (=) is equivalent to the rest of the backends that have not been
explicitly set. What happens is that, with my current approach, if you
want to export only one backend, you must enter:

:export backend =- (that is, export this backend and not the rest)

At first I thought it may be used as [:export backend=-] and it is the reason why I was confused. However I still do not see difference between [:export backend -] and [:export backend =-].

This is not ideal. It should be enough to just put:

:export backend

but I am not able to achieve it.

I agree, it is intuitive, but it makes formal rules more complicated.

   = full, this and derived backends (default)

I would prefer to modify code to handle
[:export latex.+ latex=/]
to apply first declaration (content only) to latex and second one (skip) to derived backends. Anyway the code requires optimization. Walk through parent backends is likely inefficient.

These days I'm going to be a little short on time, due to work, and I
don't know if I'll be able to attend to the list.

Then I will postpone other questions (mostly unrelated to :export).