Re: [freesci-develop] FreeSCI 0.6.4 rc3

From: Robert Wenner
Subject: Re: [freesci-develop] FreeSCI 0.6.4 rc3
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 23:09:56 -0500

On Sunday 04 May 2008 17:56, Christoph Reichenbach wrote:
>   RC3 includes some minor bugfixes and reverts the default audio
> player back to adlib emulation.  You can get it at

Cool. Now I get audio again.

I still get crashes in SQ3.
- During the intro
- When lowering the grabber in the correct location to grab the reactor
- When pressing keys during the intro to skip it and then hitting enter a
couple of times in impatient anticipation of the text boxes when Roger
jumps out of the pod (In case it matters: I played at speed 1.)
- when the elevator dumped me on the belt (at speed 5)

In Quest for Glory 2, in the inventory, each time I click an item I get a
small message box with useless contents: empty for the food rations,
"alt" for the daggers, "blah" for the Thieves' tool kit, "Pouch of
incense: You have in your posession a quantity of Fire elemental
-attracting incense." for the Thieves' guild license, and "Compassion
fruit: From the branches of Julanar, you have obtained The Fruit of
Compassion", Looks like the item descriptions are messed up.

Quest for Glory 2 freezes when I try to walk away from the astrologer at
the lower right end of the map. I get this on the console. I saved the
game right before leaving, so I don't know is that is related.

Activating port 1 after disposing window 4
Memtesting in savegame.c, L4417
Memtest succeeded!
Memtesting in savegame.c, L4422
Memtest succeeded!
Underrun by 4 frames at 44100
Underrun by 2 frames at 44100
Underrun by 1 frames at 44100
Underrun by 2 frames at 44100
Underrun by 1 frames at 44100
Underrun by 1 frames at 44100
Underrun by 2 frames at 44100
Underrun by 5 frames at 44100
Underrun by 2 frames at 44100
Activating port 1 after disposing window 4
Underrun by 2 frames at 44100
Underrun by 1 frames at 44100
Underrun by 3 frames at 44100
[VM] Attempt to use invalid local variable 01ca (out of range [0..302]) in
vm.c, line 1472
[VM] Error: Attempt to add 1 to invalid pointer 0040:0000!acc=0000:0000
prev=0000:00c9 &rest=0
pc=0005:07ae obj=0030:0b34 fp=ST:0015 sp=ST:0018
Step #34260342
0005:07ae: 02             add
>Underrun by 27 frames at 44100
Underrun by 4 frames at 44100
Underrun by 4 frames at 44100

I quit with Ctrl+C and restarted, reloading the game and leaving the area
worked fine then.

Later I got a crash with core dump during casting fire darts in a fight
against a terror saurus in the desert.

Tried to escape another combat with a terror saurus. After typing "escape"
I could not move, and the saurus ran around uncoordinated, even walking
all up to the sky, leaving the picture and waling back in. I could not
type commands. I tried to restore a game and got a core dump with a
Trace/breakpoint trap.

Don't know when or how it happened, but after loading my save games, the
box where I type my commands does not only have the text field for my
input as in the beginning of the game but there is a line above that with
a single asterisk.

I played a thief and put some points on magic. When I try to buy the
Detect Magic spell in the magic shop, it tells me I don't have enough
money. The spell is supposed to cost 10 ("ask about spell") and I have
104 dinars.

Entering Aziza's place, I say hi. She replies with something like "it's
good to have visitors that know how to be polite" and then teleports me
out and her voice says "i do not welcome those who are rude in my house".
That does not seem to fit together.

All core dumps are at http://de.geocities.com/robertwenner/cores.zip
Let me know if you need anything else (like Glory2 save games).

Robert