Re: [paragui-users] a REALLY odd (but probably sensible) question about

From: Alexander Pipelka
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] a REALLY odd (but probably sensible) question about OpenGL and paragui (and some status updates)
Date: 01 Jun 2002 09:51:13 +0200

Am Sam, 2002-06-01 um 09.34 schrieb Teunis Peters:
> Is it possible to replace the PG_Application object (or another such) to
> allow all SDL_Surfaces to talk to umm OpenGL textures? :)

The OpenGL thing is truely a very sensible issue.
Currently there isn't a satisfactory solution :((

> or more precisely is there an easy way? :)

Don't think so.
I've been thinking about something like a PG_OpenGLCanvas.
This kind of object sould work like a container widget (e.g. PG_Widget,
PG_Window,...) and blit all child widgets to a GL texture. Unfortunately
a day is limited to 24 hours,... :)
I also think that thins kind of widget could not be done without
changing the API (or breaking binary compatibility) -> Must be done int
1.1.x
Another things is that i don't use OpenGL (and probably won't do so in
future).

> otherwise I'll find another. *sigh*

It should be done by someone would really needs the OpenGL stuff.

> oh incidentally the problems I have with resize:
> - window classes aren't setup for resize
>       (ummm so I wrote one - it's just a small subclass of
>       PG_Window that makes the lower-right corner do resize :)
>       Anyone want? :)

Sure. Any improvements are welcome :))

> - are there any layout control objects?  (other than the XML
>       interface)
>   (if not there should be :)

Currently not. Obviously nobody needed that till now.

> - smpeg has problems with resizes inside a window.  Seems to be a
>   locking problem or something.  Causes X to crash the program
>   quite nicely - and shows some threading problems with running it
>   under paragui.

Hmm. This one should be fixed for 1.0.2/1.1.0. When does it crash ? By
embedding a pgmpeg object into a window ?

> - actually smpeg crashes under a few other circumstances.  A
>   particular example is doing the same event loop as in the dblbuffer
>   object.  Also a threading prob :)

Please be more precise. We want to know all cases :))

Alex