Re: [Adonthell-devel] How client/server deals with maps

From: cirrus
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] How client/server deals with maps
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 17:51:25 +0000

Kai Sterker wrote:

> On Thursday 13 December 2001 10:08, you wrote:
>
> > > Well, v0.4 should contain the pretty much final version of the mapengine,
> > > the
> >
> > Really? Wasn't 0.3 mapengine supposed to be final too? ;)
>
> Ahem ... But seriously, I'm almost certain the we'll add some more stuff to
> the mapengine in v0.5, like the weather fx, day/night cycle, etc. But I do
> hope that the core won't change any more. Especially all the mapobjects
> should remain valid from v0.4 on.

I really really hope that will be the case! mapobjects >= 0.4 should be
valid right up to 1.0 (and beyond?).
Alex, would it help with designing the mapengine if we all send
wishlists of stuff we'd like the engine to do some day - I mean, you
remember the pixel by pixel movement, slopes, jumping etc.. and the
day/night/weather fx but I could think of a few more things for the
distant future if it would help you!
If it's just going to scare you tell me and I'll keep my mouth shut! :P

        -James

--
  /    / /__/ /__/ /  / /__                 Reg. Linux User #148821