Re: [Adonthell-devel] How client/server deals with maps

From: cirrus
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] How client/server deals with maps
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 19:20:36 +0000

Just quickly about this server/client stuff - DOn't you think the risk
of players cheating is something we don't relly need to worry about.
Since most people playing in one player mode will hve server and client
and all the data means they could in theory look at everything anyway.
Since it's open-source and all the stuff will be available for download
in one form or another determined cheats will always find a way.
Most normal players on the other hand probably will never bother looking
at the code/maps etc anyway. Basically, what I'm saying is I wouldn't
worry much about what makes cheating harder but rather what will work
most efficiently.

        -James

--
  /    / /__/ /__/ /  / /__                 Reg. Linux User #148821