Re: [Adonthell-devel] How client/server deals with maps

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] How client/server deals with maps
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 15:21:16 +0100

> > Well, v0.4 should contain the pretty much final version of the mapengine,
> > the
>
> Really? Wasn't 0.3 mapengine supposed to be final too? ;)

Ahem ... But seriously, I'm almost certain the we'll add some more stuff to
the mapengine in v0.5, like the weather fx, day/night cycle, etc. But I do
hope that the core won't change any more. Especially all the mapobjects
should remain valid from v0.4 on.

> Oh, by the way, I've noticed one bug in the dialogs (played before Kai
> commited though): I've gone speak to Silverhair and several other
> people, then I came back to talk to Erek, and he was acting as if I had
> the gem and he examines it! Probably a messed variable.

Rather a messed condition, I believe. I've did some changes and some quick
tests, but I hope it works now. You do not by any chance remember what you
did exactly? ;)

Btw., the intro turned out really nice :).