Re: [Adonthell-devel] intro gfx complete!

From: cirrus
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] intro gfx complete!
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 18:59:37 +0000

Kai Sterker wrote:

> On Wednesday 19 December 2001 22:24, you wrote:
>
> > Sorry, I forgot to ask this earlier: This pic is for when they find the
> > chrysobe amongst silverhairs stuff in the saddlebags, right? (do you
> > want mapobjects of these.. and/or are we going to have horses? 'coz
> > you'd have to ask Ben reeeal nice to make some if you want 'em :P)
>
> Well, I thought of that chest in the loft as Silverhairs luggage. (There
> remains the question how they brought it along, but I think this is not so
> important.)
>
> Of course, if you think a horse and saddlebags would be better, I'd beg on my
> knees for Ben to make them ;).

Hmm, how about this if we don't get a horse:
I think the the loft isn't such a good place since they'd probably keep
visitor's belongings somewhere safer than the loft of the barn. Also, I
think the chest with the gems needs to stick out a bit more so players
notice it (it's a bit unfair otherwise). How about the room in the
cellar (bottom right) with all the crates in it. You could just replace
2 or 3 of the wooden crates with silverhair's chests (like the one in
her room) and one of them would contain the gem.
If you have time and wanted to make it a little more challenging that
room could be locked and you'd have to talk to Orloth to get it opened
or something like that. Like, SIlverhair would tell you to get something
from her luggage which was put in the cellar - you look in the cellar
and find the room locked so you need to pursuade Orloth to open it for
you.

        -James

--
  /    / /__/ /__/ /  / /__                 Reg. Linux User #148821