Re: [Adonthell-devel] mac os x port - success stories

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] mac os x port - success stories
Date: 05 May 2002 16:27:22 +0200

> > at it did... although it was libvorbis.dylib which needed linking...
> > but never the less, sound works now... :))))) nice. very nice. So, the
> > major problem is still the keyboard input... would this have anything
> > to do with the keyboard input?
> Errr... sorry, I'm drunk... I meant to ask: '... would this have
> anything to do with the nls stuff?'
>
> Probably makes as much sense as the other statement but you never
> know.. :))

No, this isn't related to nls. The fact is, that the input system used
in 0.3 sucks (if I were the guy who made it, I'd feel ashamed, really!),
and that the way characters are retrieved is different from the way
control keys are. But I still can't get what's really wrong, and don't
know how to fix it. Fortunately, this doesn't prevent you to play
(excepted that you can't change your name or use the Python console). I
guess that once we use the new input system (which has only one uniform
way to test keys) this problem will be solved. But honnestly, I doesn't
appear very serious, and fixing the old input system would be like
trying to heal a dying horse! :)

I'd say, we now have something to put in the BUGS file ;p