Re: [Adonthell-devel] mac os x port - success stories

From: Nils Hesse
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] mac os x port - success stories
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 07:55:56 +0000

Hm. SWIG isn't needed as long as no changes are made to the code (and as
long as you are not using the code from CVS). Some sort of README.OSX
with your experiences would be of great help for the people that want to
compile it themselves.
Well in that case there shouldn't be *to* much of a problem... i'll read up on making os x packages... of course, there are a few additional problems. Firstly, SDL and python might be a bit weird in getting working. Afterall, I think they both use os x's cocoa framework to which they might somehow be linked... I'm not really sure how the linking in os x works. Furthermore, the whole thing is complicated a little by not really using os x per-say but rather Fink. All I know is that os x's library linking is the exact opposite from Linux's (ie. ot dynamic but static or vice versa...). This could cause a few complications. Then, i still need to get nls and more importantlty, ogg-vorbis to work... what are the debian packages that you guys use? I have for ogg vorbis related ones installed... not sure if they are enough: libogg, libogg-shlibs, libvorbis, libvorbis-shlibs. They were the only ones I could get hold of from fink... if there is an additional tarball I need, please do say...

What I meant however is a binary package that would come with all the
required libraries (either statically linked) or included in the
package. Don't know if that is possible, but it would be the best
solution, I think. We'll have to see.
As I say, I'll try once I know a little more. It would be useful to know what libraries are needed, where the adonthell binaries and libs are (/sw/share/adonthell ?) and how they are all linked... but we'll discuss this in more detail at some point (once i know what i really need :) )

BTW, with the new image.cc, do I have to re-install/compile WE too, or just adonthell? Just an adonthell re-compile (./configure --disable-nls, make clean, make, make install) doesn't seem to do the trick...

Regards,
r:Nilz