Re: [Adonthell-devel] mac os x port - success stories

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] mac os x port - success stories
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 11:53:48 +0200

On Sat, 4 May 2002 07:55:56 +0000 Nils Hesse wrote:

> Then, i
> still need to get nls and more importantlty, ogg-vorbis to work...
> what are the debian packages that you guys use? I have for ogg vorbis
> related ones installed... not sure if they are enough: libogg,
> libogg-shlibs, libvorbis, libvorbis-shlibs. They were the only ones I
> could get hold of from fink... if there is an additional tarball I
> need, please do say...

You would need something like vorbis-devel, I imagine. libvorbis-shlibs
sounds like it contains the shared libraries, which is fine, but you
will also need the header files, and they are probably not in there.

Either you get them from the sources (you'll need codec.h, vorbisenc.h
and vorbisfile.h, placed into /sw/include/vorbis/) or you try to install
Ogg Vorbis from the sources; then you'll have all neccessary files as
well.

> As I say, I'll try once I know a little more. It would be useful to
> know what libraries are needed, where the adonthell binaries and libs
> are (/sw/share/adonthell ?) and how they are all linked... but we'll
> discuss this in more detail at some point (once i know what i really
> need :)  )

You can link to static libraries under Linux as well (although you
wouldn't want to do that normally). But it might be the thing to do in
our case, so that the resulting binary only depends on stuff that comes
with a plain OS X installation. Anyway, first of all we got to get it
working properly :).

> BTW, with the new image.cc, do I have to re-install/compile WE too, or
> just adonthell? Just an adonthell re-compile (./configure
> --disable-nls, make clean, make, make install) doesn't seem to do the
> trick...

No, that wouldn't be neccessary. Of course, I don't know if my changes
are sufficient, so if it's not working, then I probably didn't do the
proper thing.