Re: [Adonthell-devel] mac os x port - success stories

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] mac os x port - success stories
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 21:01:55 +0200

On Sat, 4 May 2002 19:02:00 +0000 Nils Hesse wrote:

Well, here we have it:

configure:11713: checking for Vorbis
configure:11745: cc -o conftest -g -Wall -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti \
-I/sw/include  conftest.c -lz   -lvorbis -lm  >&5
/usr/bin/ld: can't locate file for: -lvorbis

You should manully pass the path to the vorbis library to configure:

configure --with-vorbis=/sw/lib

I guess plus all the other configure switches you'd usually use.

> my goal is to eventually put adonthell in as a
> framework too (or is it an actual application that loads data modules
> which define the game? please clarify).

As such it is an application. You can run it without any data, though it
makes little sense to do so. But you couldn't for example access the
functions it provides from an external program. Only the python scripts
executed by the built-in interpreter can access those.