Re: [avr-chat] Avrdude and JTAG / Dragon...

From: Graham Davies
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Avrdude and JTAG / Dragon...
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 22:46:49 -0500

Vincent Trouilliez wrote:
Geez you all sound like you mutilated your computer case at some point,
and I am the only left who hasn't done it yet ! ;-)

Nobody said this is easy, only that it is necessary. Yes, the 10-pin serial port header is often there but not mentioned in the specifications (e.g. GigaByte GA-MA78GM-S2H and Tul TRS780-MI). Yes, the pinout is often such that you can't use a ribbon cable (e.g. same two motherboards). Yes, you will probably have to modify your case. I modify all my cases to block the side vents and have the big fan at the back pump air *in* through a filter. It makes no sense to me to pump air out so that it has to come in through all kinds of holes and your computer ends up as a dust filter for the whole room.

Graham.