RE: [Axiom-developer] SVN problems

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] SVN problems
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 16:48:04 -0400

On September 4, 2006 1:10 PM Tim Daly wrote:

> Perhaps it is just me but SVN is very frustrating to use.
> It gets itself into this 'locked' state and cannot escape.
> The only method I've found so far is to completely rm the
> whole tree and fetch it fresh.
>   svn cleanup .
> is a worthless command.
>
> Am I the only one with this problem?

I have had no problems at all with svn on linux, but on Windows
using TortoiseSVN I have not yet succeeded in getting a complete
checkout. The symptoms are identical to what you describe: the
download fails, the tree gets locked and although instructed to
use the 'svn cleanup' command to correct the problem, this has
no effect.

When I get serious about using svn on windows I will probably
be forced to use the cygwin version.

I had similar problems with arch (tla) on Windows. The only
source code system that has worked reliably for me on both Linux
and Windows has been darcs.