Re: [Axiom-developer] SVN problems

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] SVN problems
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 13:57:09 -0400

I have svn installed.

to see the problem do an svn checkout and then do:
  firefox axiom30yr.jpg

svn tries to guess which files are binary.
sometimes it fails.
you can mark the files with svn keyword tags (yes, not CVS tags)
that tell svn that the file is binary. or so they claim. but it failed.

my major problem is that svn appears to have lost my work.
the WHOLE point of version control is NEVER to lose work.
thus SVN appears to miss the main reason it exists.

clearly this must be something i'm doing wrong
but after twice reading the docs and much frustration
i give up.