Re: [Axiom-developer] SVN problems

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] SVN problems
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 04:57:16 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 5 Sep 2006, Ralf Hemmecke wrote:

| > | Committed revision 1.
| > | cd ~/scratch
| > | svn co file:///home/hemmecke/scratch/SVNMYTEST/AXIOM ax
| > | A    ax/axiomicon.png
| > | A    ax/axiom30yr.jpg
| > | A    ax/axiomsml.png
| > | A    ax/axiomlogo.jpg
| > | Checked out revision 1.
| > | display ax/axiom30yr.jpg
| > |
| > | Anyway the difference of the pictures from Gold and Silver/trunk is a
| > | translation of 0x0d to 0x0a in several places.
| >
| > Ralf, please could you check in the corrected versions?
|
| Done. Because, I saw terribly wrong properties set, I simply removed the
| files from SVN/trunk and added the correct versions. Now we have.

thanks for your time!

I do agree that "import" would have been a better setup.  Oh well,
with hindsight... :-)

[...]

| Gaby, since we want Silver/trunk to be in sync with Tim's Gold-to-be
| branch, would it make sense to remove the archive and just import from
| --patch-50 anew? I have no idea however, how to merge then with the
| build-improvements branch. Or do you have more experience with SVN to
| cure the problem?

Interesting.  We do definetly want silver to be in sync with gold
wherever possible.  The only issue with respect to restarting again is
indeed what happens to  work done on branches made on silver.  I
suspect that at the moment, we have two branches where people have
"actively" put work: the one by Antoine and the build-improvements.

I'm not familiar with Antoine's branch to comment.

As of the build-improvements, we have some work there that might not
cleanly apply to a fresh tree from gold -- I really don't know, that
is just a first approximation thought.  I have more work in the
pipeline waiting for testing and fixes; this is done against current
silver.

Do you believe we cannot fix the other "binary" type files without
restarting afresh (would have been much simpler if we did not have other
branches)?

-- gaby