Re: [Chicken-users] Things I forgot [Was: the future of Chicken]

From: Peter Keller
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Things I forgot [Was: the future of Chicken]
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 00:37:51 -0500

On Sun, Aug 11, 2002 at 01:09:31AM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> Peter Keller <address@hidden> writes:
> > It seems kinda wierdly organized and super low level.
>
> It isn't particularly more low level than GMP. Yes, you have to deal
> with all sorts of crud, but that's because this is C and not Scheme or
> Haskell.

I'm well familiar with C idiosyncracies (I write C/C++ for a living) and
even so it is still wierdly layed out.

> Just read the man pages (for instance, "man BN_add")

I would, but I get an syntax error in the middle of installing the
documentation. :( I suppose I have to debug it.

> The code is in crypto/bn in the openssl distribution. The man pages
> are with the rest of the man pages

Thanks.

> > Also, what are .pod file?
>
> A weird perl-based documentation wrapper, which gets processed by
> pod2man (a perl utility). Don't look at those directly -- look at
> the generated man pages when you build the system.

Ah, I see, you can use perldoc to look at them if you have to.

-pete