Re: [Chicken-users] Cygwin installation report

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Cygwin installation report
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 20:32:56 -0500

Thomas Chust scripsit:

> based on the existing documentation of the issue and the manifest in
> the previous message I have created a patch against the CHICKEN 4.4.0
> sources that adds resource files to be compiled and linked into
> chicken-install and chicken-uninstall to embed manifests in those
> executables when compiling for a Windows host.

Excellent!  There still remains the issue that when running on Windows,
csc should do this embedding for any user-written program that contains
the magic strings in its name ("instal", "update", "setup").  Ideally gcc
should do this, but until it does, csc seems the right place.

--
John Cowan  address@hidden   http://ccil.org/~cowan
It's the old, old story.  Droid meets droid.  Droid becomes chameleon.