Re: GNU Classpath 0.14 released

From: Etienne Gagnon
Subject: Re: GNU Classpath 0.14 released
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 13:30:36 -0500

Hi all,

As usual, Mark has forgotten to include SableVM in the list of runtimes
that use GNU Classpath.  It is understandable, I guess, as he does not
use SableVM for development, and he is not willing to accept our patches
without copyright assignment.  Nonetheless, SableVM does use GNU
Classpath and its team does contribute to finding and fixing bugs in GNU
Classpath.

So, we welcome you to use SableVM to develop GNU Classpath, if you want
a Free virtual machine that helps you locate JNI bugs (native reference
leaks), or even allows you to do remote debugging using JVMDI (coming
soon, look at
http://sablevm.org/screenshot/debug-full.png)

Etienne
PS: I guess Mark's bias is understandable, as he is a developer of GCC
and he probably views SableVM as a competing project.

Mark Wielaard wrote:
GNU Classpath delivers core libraries for upcoming GCC and Kaffe releases