Re: GNU Classpath 0.14 released

From: Chris Pickett
Subject: Re: GNU Classpath 0.14 released
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 17:39:31 -0500

Chris Pickett wrote:
Mark Wielaard wrote:

On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 16:18 -0700, Tom Tromey wrote:

"Etienne" == Etienne Gagnon <address@hidden> writes:

Etienne> As usual, Mark has forgotten to include SableVM in the list
Etienne> of runtimes that use GNU Classpath.  It is understandable, I
Etienne> guess, as he does not use SableVM for development

 But you just announced a
new sablevm that used a forked sablevm-classpath CVS snapshot on our
list an hour before and when I talked to you on irc about using sablevm
against official GNU Classpath releases you said it didn't support this
release out of the box and that there was no documentation for it.

I think that's fair justification for not including SableVM this time.

Since it was observed that this should have been 0.15 and not 0.14, how about this: give SableVM a chance to work with GNU Classpath 0.15 out of the box (i.e. with no extra command-line arguments, or perhaps with a simple argument like "--official-gnu-classpath"), and when it's ready, redo the announcement for 0.15.

Never mind, I misunderstood, this was a belated announcement.

So, something to collaborate on for the real 0.15 then? I think there's been enough noise about SableVM on the list now for people to realize that it *does* indeed work with an up-to-date classpath, be it the official 0.14 release or CVS snapshot.

Please? All this hoo-hah could be easily avoided in the future and we could spend more time hacking...

Chris