Re: [Denemo-devel] Static Linking (was Re: tablature status (August 2012

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Static Linking (was Re: tablature status (August 2012))
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 10:48:37 -0500

On 08/21/2012 03:24 AM, Richard Shann wrote:
I have dug around and you are quite right it seems:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1022120/do-i-need-static-libraries-to-statically-link

I presume that statically linked libraries are not readily available,
and so this would take too much work...

I still can't push to git - I have emailed savannah about it. I have
several useful fixes pending.

OK. I read somewhere that you can distribute the dynamically linked libraries with your application. Then it would be a matter of setting the environment variables before denemo is launched. We could distribute it a directory called denemo-0.9.6 that contains a /lib and /share or /usr/lib /usr/share and a README and Denemo.sh or something. Will this even work? I know I can't believe everything I read. If that does not work I can continue with gub or we can aim for building a .deb that debian users could use or it can perhaps be ran in LinuxAV 6.0 live cd or something.