discuss-gnu-electric

Re: Probably stupid problem...

From: Steven Rubin
Subject: Re: Probably stupid problem...
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 16:21:14 -0700

What? You mean Electric can't do *everything* I want?  Sheesh! What
good is software that doesn't do *everything*!?

I'm working on it...

Actually though, doesn't Electric offer some sort of spice simulation
interaction? I remember older versions offering access to spice plots
or something like that.  I tried the spice layout example in
samples.txt but again I cannot get any real access to the spice
results from Electric.  Or is it that Electric is currently only doing
netlist generation?

Well, it does parse a normal transient analysis output, but not sweeps. In order to get it to work, however, you have to know the exact SPICE that is running (they all have different output) and where it is installed. If you can't integrate it seemlessly, you can always parse the SPICE output as a separate step.

   -Steve