Re: Avoiding moving point into minibuffer prompt area

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Avoiding moving point into minibuffer prompt area
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 23:13:55 -0500 (CDT)

Lennart Borgman wrote:

   I think it is quite confusing that you can move the point into the
   prompt area in the minibuffer. Why don't we use something like the code
   below to avoid this:

As I already pointed out, I personally do not find this confusing, but
very useful.  For people who do not like it, however, the
functionality you want is already available.

Do

M-x customize-option RET minibuffer-prompt-properties RET

and check:

Inviolable.

Sincerely,

Luc.