Re: Time to install the new icons

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Time to install the new icons
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 08:51:07 +0200

> From: Chong Yidong <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 00:59:19 -0500
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> This is currently only turned on for
>
> #if defined (HAVE_XPM) && defined (HAVE_X_WINDOWS)
>
> The ugly old icon is still in use otherwise.  I don't know how NT
> handles xpm images, so I didn't try.  Could an NT Emacs hacker help
> here?

If HAVE_XPM is defined, then the Windows port supports xpm.  But
that's not the problem, I think.  The real problem is that the Windows
machinery of using the icons is different; see nt/emacs.rc.

Jason, could you please comment on this?  I don't know enough about
these issues.

> 1. Install the .ico file for NT (and delete the old unused ones).

The appropriate .ico file is already installed on Windows.  I wrote in
another message why I think it's wrong to delete the others.