Re: Visual cleanup for customize buffers

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Visual cleanup for customize buffers
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 20:33:28 +0100

> - Remove the empty line between the [STATE] line and the documentation.

> Since my earlier reply, I noticed that the empty line was not added
> for faces, which seems inconsequent at first view.  But maybe the bug
> that the empty line was supposed to fix (if any) does not apply to faces.

What bug should "\n\n" fix that "\n" doesn't?  I'm using Kim's approach
for a couple of months already and didn't encounter any problems so far.

Variables and faces are constructed differently in customization
buffers.  For variables the value is displayed first, followed by state
and comment.  For a face state and comment appear before the attributes.
That's inherently distracting but presumably most people got used to it.
I tried to construct faces in the variables' style but had considerable
problems when adding / removing a comment.

>>I think that it definitely would be a bad idea to remove the line
>>without knowing why it was added.  Is this really important enough to
>>worry about?
>

> IMO, yes.

I'd very much appreciate if the extra line were removed.