Re: Visual cleanup for customize buffers

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Visual cleanup for customize buffers
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 00:49:17 -0500

    - Don't show the "Hide value" button for trivial values which
      fit on one line initially.  I don't see ANY reason why a
      user would click on that button to, say, hide a boolean
      or numeric value.

That seems ok to me, provided the problem Luc is concerned about
is not a real problem.

    - For choice values, replace the old [Value Menu] Value
      by the more common [Value v] (where v is a "pull down" icon)

That could be good if we do the same for State.
Do we have a suitable pull-down icon yet?

    - Remove the empty line between the [STATE] line and the documentation.

Please don't do that.