Re: ignore mouse-wheel press during rotation

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: ignore mouse-wheel press during rotation
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 10:20:01 +0000

Drew Adams wrote:
The problem (annoyance) is that with many (all?) such mice it is easy to
accidentally press the wheel while trying to rotate it (the rotation finger
movement ends similarly to a press movement).
Actually, I find the opposite is true. It is relatively easy to avoid applying downward force while rotating, but due to the shape of the wheel and position of the finger, difficult to avoid an accidental scroll when the intention is to press the button.

I don't think this is something that can be easily solved by ignoring certain events, since it is impossible to know the user's real intention and we are as likely to frustrate the user as help them.