Re: ignore mouse-wheel press during rotation

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: ignore mouse-wheel press during rotation
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 15:03:58 +0200

> From: "Drew Adams" <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 07:57:57 -0800
>
>     > This is already fixed (a long time ago) in the mwheel package used
>     > with X (at least).
>     >
>     > Perhaps you are on Windoze which IIRC has native mouse wheel
>     > support but might not ignore mouse clicks while scrolling...
>
>     Windows uses the code in mwheel.el. Only the names of the events are
>     different, and this is taken care of by variables in mwheel.el.
>
> Be that as it may, this problem is not fixed in Windows, at least as of June
> 2005 CVS.

Sorry, Drew, I don't believe you ;-)

There's nothing in ChangeLog between last June and today to suggest
that this behavior has changed since then.  And, as I wrote earlier in
this thread, on my Windows machine it works as intended, i.e. the
problem you seem to describe does not exist.  See the recipe I posted
a few minutes ago.

So the only way I can explain this discrepancy is if one or more of
the following are true:

  . You tried this in Emacs that isn't "emacs -Q", and some
    customizations you have there have some side effects on this;
  . You need to enlarge mouse-wheel-inhibit-click-time, because the
    default value is too small for your fingers;
  . You have customized your mouse via some Windows facilities so that
    clicking the wheel no longer produces the events that mwheel.el is
    programmed to handle.