Re: ignore mouse-wheel press during rotation

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: ignore mouse-wheel press during rotation
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 11:26:49 +0200

> From: "Drew Adams" <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 07:57:57 -0800
>
>     > This is already fixed (a long time ago) in the mwheel package used
>     > with X (at least).
>     >
>     > Perhaps you are on Windoze which IIRC has native mouse wheel
>     > support but might not ignore mouse clicks while scrolling...
>
>     Windows uses the code in mwheel.el. Only the names of the events are
>     different, and this is taken care of by variables in mwheel.el.
>
> Be that as it may, this problem is not fixed in Windows, at least as of June
> 2005 CVS.

Can you publish a recipe to reproduce this problem?  With that recipe,
please tell what mouse do you have and what does clicking on the wheel
do in Windows (look under Start->Settings->Control Panel->Mouse),
because the default action in Windows, at least with the IntelliPoint
mouse, is to switch to another frame, which normally prevents Emacs
from ever seeing the wheel click.

In other words, I couldn't reproduce your problem with the default
settings of the mouse.