Re: html-mode demanding <html> a bit too tight

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: html-mode demanding <html> a bit too tight
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 12:27:06 +0200

>     I think if you install a ~150 line patch that affects how modes are
>     selected, another pretest will be needed.
>
> Please do not exaggerate.  There are about 52 lines of code changes,
> bu most of them are just indentation changes.  Real changes are about
> 20 lines.
>
> But I agree we should make one more pretest.
>
> This problem really bothers people, so we should not leave it unfixed.

Richard, sorry for shouting, but how else can I make you listen:

WHAT _REALLY_ BOTHERS PEOPLE IS THAT EMACS 22.1 IS NOT RELEASED YET.

We are in pretest, and the _only_ reason for rolling the .99 pretest
was to be sure that the changes made since .98 didn't break anything,
so we could safely make the 22.1 release (after a few days).

Since, you have continued to install changes for new bugs, and as a
result we need a .100 pretest to be sure...  Please stop now!!

Once we have rolled the .100 pretest (very soon I hope),

 PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL _ANY_ PATCHES on the EMACS_22_BASE branch,

unless they are directly related to breakage caused by one of the
recent changes made before the .100 pretest.