Re: CUA-mode features and documenation

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: CUA-mode features and documenation
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 09:11:03 -0800

  >     Is it not reasonable to assume that most new users expects and wants
the
  >     behaviour that cua-selection-mode gives?
  >
  > That is not the only relevant factor.
  >
  > What _exactly_ is this behavior?  I do not use CUA mode.

Please note that the discussion was about cua-selection-mode, not cua-mode.
They are different: cua-selection-mode does not change the meaning of
C-c/C-v/C-x.

What cua-selection-mode provides is the:
- transient-mark-mode
- delete-selection-mode
- S-ARROW_KEY extends the region
(Probably some more, but this is the main functionality).

This behavior is the default nowadays on the desktop, including in
Gtk+/Gnome and KDE (also in XEmacs).

BTW, before the pretest for 22.1 you were trying transient-mark-mode in
order to enable it by default. What was the result of that experiment?