Re: Tab bar

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Tab bar
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 10:59:31 -0400

    Just as web browsers provide an option to choose between opening pages
    in a new tab or in the same tab, and similarly to the Emacs option
    `pop-up-frames', we could create a new user option `pop-up-tabs' whose
    non-nil value will always display a new buffer in a new tab, and we
    could even set it to non-nil by default for the convenience of new users.

This idea makes no sense to me.  If the default usage of the tab bar
is to switch buffers in the selected window, then every new buffer
will inevitably get a "new tab" regardless of how it is displayed.
So what question are you talking about?