Re: w32-pass-rwindow-to-system

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: w32-pass-rwindow-to-system
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 12:11:48 +0100

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 11:59, Lennart Borgman
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I have done several patches to the keyboard and menu code. The one we
> are talking about here is a bug fix IMO.

A pointer to it?

> At the moment I do not have time to dig out that part. I have spent
> quite a lot of time trying to get this fix into Emacs, but the
> resistance has been too strong for the limited time I have so I have
> run out of time for this.

"[T]he resistance has been too strong" is loaded language. Nobody
would argue against a correct, clean fix for a known bug. So, either
the bug is not acknowledged as such by everybody involved, or the
patch was not deemed correct, or clean. (For any other possibilities
I'm leaving out, please explain.)

> (Feel free to grab the patch from my
> patches.)
>
> Beside this anyone who want this to work can use the patched version
> of Emacs+EmacsW32. (If there is any bug there I will of course fix
> it.)

This seems like you were saying that you can't bother to get the patch
into the repository, but you don't mind if others pick the pieces. Not
very encouraging.

There's another posibility: open a bug report, post your patch
(against the current sources), let the bug discussion follow its
natural flow.

    Juanma