Re: Tweaking t-m-m to make room for d-s-m

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Tweaking t-m-m to make room for d-s-m
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 23:59:34 +0100

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 11:44 PM, Drew Adams <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Why not try cua-mode?
>
> Or vice versa: I hit `C-x C-s' in Framemaker and get the message "Nothing to
> cut".

I often try C-s in Firefox and find the result quite irritating cause
it takes some time for the file save dialog to appear.

> But most of the time, even half-asleep on autopilot I get by OK. And for some
> reason I never seem to get tripped up by C-c, C-x, or C-z.

With the region hilighted you may make those mistakes more often of course.

On the other side with cua-mode on you have to learn using C-S-c and
C-S-x when the region is hilighted. This may be hard in the beginning.
Personally, because I use Viper, I have only been hit by C-x here, but
it happened to me many times. (Maybe since I tend to use computers
when I am tired.)

BTW, is there any strong reason not to bind C-z to `undo' by default in Emacs?