Re: base

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: base
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 13:33:46 +0900

Frank Schmitt writes:
 > "Stephen J. Turnbull" <address@hidden> writes:
 >
 > > Juanma Barranquero writes:
 > >  > On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 14:32, Stephen J. Turnbull
 > >  > <address@hidden> wrote:
 > >  >
 > >  > > (except maybe Eli because of the Windows issues)
 > >
 > >  > The "Windows issues" are quite real.
 > >
 > > Granted.  However, they're real for *all* DVCSes.

 > I don't think this is fair. Mercurial, which seems to be one of the
 > two top DVCS at the moment, has great Windows support.

Python's transition to Mercurial is blocked on Windows support, and
only that.  How do you claim that as "great" support?  The proponent
of the implementation PEP 385 was Dirkjan Ochtman, so you can't claim
that somebody lacking the needed skills (or access to people with
them, if he doesn't have them personally) was running the transition.