Re: Multi-platform build system

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Multi-platform build system
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 03:43:53 +0200

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 03:33, Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> wrote:

> You are correct about the makefiles. You need cmake to generate
> them. But today you need some external tools (I'm talking about Windows)
> that would be unnecessary with cmake.

You would still need to install some unix tools to build the info
files, I think?

> So I can't see why requiring cmake
> instead of those Unix utils is unacceptable.

I suppose, the less common the tools are, the greater the resistance.
For many people (at least, people building Unixy tools, like Emacs, on
Windows), installing rm, cp etc. is not a prerequisite because they
will likely have them already installed.

    Juanma