Re: MS-Windows build using Posix configury

From: Dani Moncayo
Subject: Re: MS-Windows build using Posix configury
Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 14:00:01 +0200

>> There remains a minor annoyance, though: the info directory (attached
>> to this mail) has some parts with DOS-type EOLs an other parts with
>> UNIX-type EOLs.  Therefore, my Emacs shows some annoying "^M" chars.
>
> Looks like the lines in info/dir which came from the original file in
> the source tree (which has Unix-style EOLs) are copied verbatim, while
> other lines have DOS EOLs.
>
> Does the same happen if you invoke install-info manually?

Well, I've just tried this:
1. Remove the current info directory file (c:/usr/share/info/dir).
2. From bash, execute the command (taken from the Makefile) to re-generate it:

  /bin/install -c -m 644 /c/emacs/mybranch/info/dir /c/usr/share/info/dir

This generates an info directory file which has only UNIX-type EOLs,
and which also has a bit different contents (I'm attaching both
versions).

--
Dani Moncayo