Re: Preview: portable dumper

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Preview: portable dumper
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2016 12:41:03 +0000

Hello, Richard.

On Sat, Dec 03, 2016 at 04:31:35PM -0500, Richard Stallman wrote:

> Alan, would you like to become an expert on some areas of the display
> code?  If you become the main person working on some area, I am sure
> you will get your changes in.

I'd like to become an expert on the display code, but I don't think I'm
up to it.  That code is just too difficult for me, unless I gave up
doing other things to be able to spend the time on it.  It's highly
optimised (it has to be), and is thus very long.  I don't think it's
badly written - it's just got a very difficult job to do.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).