Re: [SUSPECTED SPAM] Re: [Emacs-diffs] scratch/widen-less a4ba846: Repla

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [SUSPECTED SPAM] Re: [Emacs-diffs] scratch/widen-less a4ba846: Replace prog-widen with consolidating widen calls
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2017 21:53:36 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2017 12:52:39 -0500

> >> ?Which code is that?
> > prog-indentation-context and its support in prog-widen.
>
> AFAICT prog-widen doesn't look at the PREVIOUS-CHUNK part of
> prog-indentation-context.

But it looks at the other data in prog-indentation-context, and
PREVIOUS-CHUNK, if it's a function, could store there something.
Or a mode could use some other method to store the previous
restriction directly in prog-indentation-context.  Right?

> >> Zero is not the intention: for the doc changes to be valid, we need to
> >> add a few `widen` calls in places like indent-according-to-mode.
> > If those calls are conditioned on MMM actually being active, then
> > existing behavior will remain unchanged, and we are good.
>
> How do you propose we detect when MMM is active?

I don't know (didn't look at its sources close enough), but I'd be
surprised if there wasn't some variable or some other method to tell.