Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Some bugs and feature requests

From: Jody Klymak
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Some bugs and feature requests
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 07:40:54 -0700

Hi Sacha,

Sacha Chua <address@hidden> writes:

> Gary V.Vaughan <address@hidden> writes:
>> My journal page never grew large enough to get me to write any pruning
>> functions, but they would be needed by anyone who used the mode in
>> anger :-)
>
> My journal pages are really long, which is why I prefer the split into
> days. <grin> However, some people want week views, some people want
> all-in-one-views, and some people want N most recent entries on one
> page. Any ideas how to go about this?

*And* some people want to put just a subset of entries on a public
 page.

The big problem with making these kinds of views is I think it
restricts the daily pages to have predefined formats.  If anything
free-form is added how does it get parsed and extracted.

However, making a remember-to-journal function that remembers to 1)
the daily page, 2) a plan page (optional) and 3) a journal page would
not be that hard an extension of the remember-planner functions that
are there now.

>> As the patch stands, and for the sake of my publishing to a Blosxom
>> story heirarchy, you do have to type the whole thing. And it is a
>> bit of a pain...
>
> I wonder if it might be a good idea for you to keep all of your plan
> files in a single directory, but make heavy use of
> emacs-wiki-publishing-transforms to get it to publish in the right
> place. =)

In that case there would need to be a way of specifying the hierarchy
on the pages.  Or in a lookup table somewhere.  Using Gary's method
the hierarchy is specified with subdirectories, which is kind of nice.

Cheers,  Jody

--
Jody Klymak      http://opg1.ucsd.edu/~jklymak/
mailto:address@hidden