fgs-bs

Re: [Fgs-bs] Welcome and feature list

From: Desired Username
Subject: Re: [Fgs-bs] Welcome and feature list
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 06:29:50 -0700 (PDT)

What I'd really like to do is get a list of all the
features we can think of, then decide which ones we
want to get implemented in a base release, then design
the commands that would support those, etc etc etc.

But I also don't want to get bogged down in
administrivia and make this seem like work.  In the
spirit of Open Source (can we be /banned from Savannah
for using that phrase?) I guess we should just run
around and each implement the sexiest thing we can
think of at the time (no goatse) and hope it compiles
together later.

I think you are working on the chat thing.  I think
I'm going to try to remove as much of the project as I
can and still keep a working server.  A lot of these
files are not needed and a lot of the funcs in the
files aren't needed either.  Unused commands, etc.
Oh, I guess I should patch it to compile in the first
place, eh?  Yeah, so I'll work on getting it to
compile to an runnable exe, then I'll strip stuff out
until it won't compile to a runnable exe.  Then I'll
add back that last thing and call it good.

I also started looking at Python last night.  Maybe
I'll make a Python client.  Because that's what we
need to replace cgoban2, a really slow client that
will only run with a huge interpreter installed and in
memory.