fgs-bs

Re: [Fgs-bs] Welcome and feature list

From: Desired Username
Subject: Re: [Fgs-bs] Welcome and feature list
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 09:36:53 -0700 (PDT)

--- tps12 <address@hidden> wrote:
> speakers

> >>Right
>  >>
> >>What do you mean by a "system thing?"
> >
> > I mean no matter we did, they'd still have to have
> the
> > right fonts installed and so on to be able to
> handle
> > people's "real" names.
>
> Oh, yes. I would prefer to ask people to install
> fonts than to ask
> others to change their names. However, this may not
> be practical. The
> player struct has a field for "name" (which is not
> the same as
> "fullname" and not the same as "login") perhaps we
> could use this as a
> Unicode alias (if it's not being used for something
> else already), and
> clients could choose whether to display the Unicode
> or ASCII name.

Hey, there you go.  That's in keeping with the freedom
theme, too.  People can be magnanimous and
international if they wish, otherwise they can be
Americans.  *rimshot*

I think it would be a good idea to remove cruft
wherever we find it.  "name", "fullname" and "login"
sound suspicious.  Errr...except now, under your
scheme, they all have different uses.  So NM.