fgs-bs

Re: [Fgs-bs] Welcome and feature list

From: tps12
Subject: Re: [Fgs-bs] Welcome and feature list
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:55:59 -0400

Desired Username wrote:
I changed the mailing list default so this should work
now.  Can you get in to the mailing list admin
interface?

No, you're the list admin. Lots of people are opposed to altering the Reply To header (e.g., I use the Reply To header when I email from home. If you overwrite it, then people may try to email me directly @tps12.dyndns.org, and if my system's down then I never get the email. Assuming "people" would ever read this list). But, whatever makes your life easier. Fascist.

(I wouldn't normally send this to the list, but there be topical discussion below.)

Oh, good point.  In fact, I bet it limits people to
ASCII usernames, so they can't have one in their own
language.  Hmm, maybe that's a good idea anyway, else
how can English speaking people differentiate between
boxboxboxbox and boxboxboxbox?

Well, whose fault is it if those English speakers don't have proper international font support?

OIC.  So would you be getting rid of the global array?
 Or would that stay there but you add a UID to the
data?  That second one sounds more plausible and
useful.

The array needs to stay there, probably in something like its current form. Any functions that use parray indices by definition only need a key that's valid until the user logs out.

We probably would want to build some admin tools at
some point.  bitchslap.pl, etc.

IAWTP.