freecycle-users

Re: [Freecycle-users] Re: [Swami-devel] Soundfont export

From: Predrag Viceic
Subject: Re: [Freecycle-users] Re: [Swami-devel] Soundfont export
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 08:45:36 +0200

Hi Josh,

>So you could either have an instrument per sample or you could just have
>one instrument with a sample assigned to each key, whatever seems to
>make the most sense.  Having 1 per instrument would mean that you would
>need to assign different instruments to different MIDI channels and then
>you are often limited to 16 channels on many implementations.  It would
>make it easier to use in other work though if you dedicated an
>instrument per sample.

I had some spare time this WE and have implemented SF2 export, it rocks!
I use one instrument and add a sample per zone (the sample root note being
equal to the zone (range-low == range-high == root-note). Now I'm looking
into DLS and GIG export. Are there any traps?

> Should this be done only in libinstpatch.h or should this be done for
> every header file?

Well I have add it only around libinstpatch.h. One of Freecycle packagers
(address@hidden) has warned me that this add is removed by configure
script. I have to dig further on this.

Cheers,
Predrag