freecycle-users

[Freecycle-users] Soundfont export

From: Predrag Viceic
Subject: [Freecycle-users] Soundfont export
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 14:28:55 +0200

Hi all,

I'm the author of Freecycle, a newcomer in the linux audio scene. As you may
have already heard, Freecycle is a beatslicer, which, among other fine
features,  exports audio chunks and a midi file  for playing those chunks.

I was thinking for several months now, about adding the soundfont2 export to
freecycle, which would facilitate the use of sliced loops for the people who
are using software samplers (Freecycle already exports .AKP files)

I have taken some insight in libinstpatch internals and everything seems quite
clear to me.

The problem is that I want to keep Freecycle portable to other platforms (osx)
and I saw that libinstpatch depends on gnome. Is this dependency really
important for all the aspects of sf2 creation, or would it be possible to
somehow remove it?

Any form of help would be greately appreciated.

Regards,
Predrag Viceic
http://www.redsteamrecords.com/freecycle