Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Associate status application

From: Marc Eberhard
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Associate status application
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 11:22:46 +0100

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 08:03:17PM +0100, Alex Hudson wrote:
> I tend to capitalise 'For', because otherwise I would write AfFS or AFS.
> But, that's just me - perhaps we ought to have a standard system though.
> Minor point :)

Changed.

> >  AFFS has joined the FSF Europe to actively support its activities and
>
> I would say 'joined with' - i.e., we're associates, not members. Perhaps
> this is just the way I read it?

Changed.

> > The aim is to provide a recognised point of contact in the UK for questions
> > about Free Software.
>
> I think 'information about Free Software' is better, questions seems a
> bit specific.

Changed.

> Seems fine though! Thanks, Marc.

Thanks!

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 09:49:37AM +0100, Richard Smedley wrote:
> A 'phone is very important. Most things can be
> done by e-mail, but sometimes you need "real-
> time, two way communication" ;-)

OK, OK, so be it...

MJ Ray: Can you please mail me the phone number, we can use as the
"official" AFFS phone number?

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 09:52:05AM +0100, Richard Smedley wrote:
> Draft a good start and I agree with most
> of the suggested alterations.

Thanks!

> Marc, can you post the ammended version for us to see?

I'll do as soon as I get the phone number from MJ Ray.

Bye,
Marc

email: address@hidden
email: address@hidden, web: http://www.aston.ac.uk/~eberhama/